Tuesday, July 8, 2008

What is Your Motivation?

I read Ernie Chen’s blog today, “When Money is a Motivation”. I’d like to share my experience. If you’ve read my ‘Oil Price Ware – How To Win The Battle” post, you’d already know that Money is not my motivation. No. It’s not because I already have lots of money (so don’t waste your time planning to rob me). I chose a much lower salary job so I can learn more about stuff I need to achieve my dreams and to learn it from the best people. Sometimes I compare my previous job to my current job…

Previous Job

Current Job

Work 8-5, 5 Days A Week

Work 9 – 9 (sometimes until 12 midnight), most of the time need to work on weekend.

Salary more than RM6,000

Salary less than RM3,000

Office is 5 minutes from home. No jam.

Office is 30 minutes from home if there’s no jam. If there’s jam it might take to 1 – 2 hours.

One do one specialize thing. Some can be delegated to my subordinates.

Multitasking – Sales, IT, Marketing, Writing, Design, video production, facilitation etc.


Most people would think I’m stupid. But I KNOW I’m not. It’s because I know what I want. I want happiness. I know how my life will end up if I didn’t get out from where I was.

How about you? Do you know what you want? Do you know what really makes you happy? If the answer is no, then it’s time to find out.

Chetz Yusof
www.ChetzTV.com
- Win The Battle -

No comments: