Thursday, June 19, 2008

Don’t Judge a Book by Its TITLE

Right now I’m reading a book by Donald Trump and Robert Kiyosaki entitled, “Why We Want You To Be Rich – Two Men, One Message”. I saw this book long time ago at a book store but I didn’t bother browsing through it because… “Why do I want to know why you want me to be rich? I know why I want to be rich!”




Why We Want You to Be Rich: Two Men, One Message


But a few days ago I saw this book in Ernie’s library. If this book is in his library, there must be something good about this book. So, I borrowed it and started reading it. To my surprise, the content is not as I thought it’d be. They actually tell you why you should be rich and ways to get rich.

In one portion of the book, they talked about the impact of increasing oil price. The first edition of this book was published in 2006. They already talked about it two years ago and it’s happening now. I’m sure you’ve heard this before… “The rich gets richer and the poor gets poorer”. With the increase in oil price, there’ll be no more middle class. You’ll be either rich or poor. It’s scary, isn’t it?

But the good news is we can do something about it. And this book gives a couple of ways to be rich. But I think the most important thing is FOCUS. And in this book FOCUS is…

F = Follow
O = One
C = Course
U = Until
S = Successful

Actually my friend already told me about this a long time ago, but I didn’t listen. This is another “don’t judge a book by its cover” story. I’ll tell you in my next post.

So, REMEMBER this. Whatever you do, just do one thing first and do it until you’re successful. That’s one of my problems. I have lots of ideas and I’d start most of them and then lose track, felt overwhelm and did it half way. If I’d just concentrate one project, I’d have been rich and successful now.

So, to avoid being in the poor category, choose one of the ways to be rich and do it until you are successful. For more information, get the book, read it and APPLY it. TAKE ACTION. That’s how you win a battle.

So, please share with me your thoughts and your plans. Let me know which method or which road are you going to choose to reach your dream destination.

No comments: